Caught you looking!
Hello, we’re Gemma and Craig, Two Scots Abroad. We’re newly married Scottish travel bloggers and full time workers with a life–long travel habit. We know your audience because we are it. Craig is a tradesman, Gemma is a teacher. We work hard, save intensely and travel extensively, enjoying experiences on our ever growing bucket list. If your company fits our niche, is ethical, and fun, we’re interested in finding out more about you.
Interested in finding out more about us? Download our media kit here.
Click on our interests, ways to work together, and logos for examples of our work.
Why Work with Two Scots Abroad?
- 100K+ travel lovers land at Two Scots Abroad every month for travel advice, destination guides and to ogle at our travel photography. We appear on page one of Google for many of our articles, how? Gemma’s has kick ass SEO skills (she has many in her travel blogging toolkit), she’s even presenting on how she managed to triple her pageviews in less than one year at this year’s TBEX conference in Ireland.
- 35K followers over four social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest) also hop aboard for the ride but numbers aside, we are real people and that is why businesses and boards from Tinggly to Vancouver Tourism have teamed up with us since 2014. Let us represent your brand and here is how…
How Can We Work Together?
I think it’s obvious that we love to travel; cities, countryside, popular, off beat we’ve covered lots but want to see more then share it with our readers. We’ve worked with over 100 companies at home (Scotland) and abroad to promote tourism.
Here are some examples:
- Vienna city guide with Jet2.com (page 1 – Google keywords ‘What to do in Vienna in 3 days’)
- Our Scottish partners, HAGGiS Adventures – review of their Isle of Skye tour (Google page 1 – keywords ‘Haggis Adventures’)
Contests and Giveaways
Is there a cruise, cabin bag or cute travel purse burning a hole in your budget’s pocket? We can help you reach the right people through our North American and European audience and raise the profile of your company/client’s company through our website and/or social media channels.
Brand Ambassador Programmes
We are now at a stage of our blogging career where we would like to nurture longer term relationships with brands. Are you looking for a fun, reliable, tech savvy couple (or individual) to represent your brand and feel we are a catch? Please contact us here. It helps that we like getting our photo taken and (cringe) are photogenic. Craig does actually look that great in real life (OK, I’m biased!)
Freelance Writing Hire
Gemma is a woman of many talents, she’s adaptable which makes her an ideal candidate for freelance writing covering many topics. Her passions are travel, gender equality and the outdoors but she loves to research making no topic unattainable.
Sponsored Posts, Reviews, Content Creation
Do you have a new product, service or a hot destination which the world has to hear about? We can help you spread the word. Links, advertisement and reviews on new or older (but useful) articles are typically how we advertise at Two Scots Abroad. All reviews are honest of course, regardless of who is footing the bill. Gemma has also co-hosted Twitter chats for the weekly #JAChat and the monthly #ScotlandHour, pulling in her own and new audiences with energy and local knowledge. Like our social media channels? You can advertise there too. Need help creating beautiful, shareable and clickable pins? Gemma has over two years experience of making them work for our site. Pins should mean traffic!
Here are some examples of our reviews:
- Hippohelp – travel and work abroad (Approx 2000 page views each month, page 1 of Google)
- Super modern hotel, gem of a find on iDrive in Orlanda, Florida – Avanti Resort (Average 618 page views per month, at least 1.96K repins)
We accept banner advertisements in our articles and on our sidebar if the product/service fits our niche and we can find a good match to place it. With 22 countries on our destination page, I’m sure we can find it a home.
Gemma has been teaching 10-18 year olds since 2009 and although she has predominantly taught politics and current affairs to classrooms of 30 students she also has experience of delivering speeches to assembly rooms full of students and executing training courses for staff members during staff training days. This year Gemma is combining her teaching skills and blogging knowledge and delivering a presentation on SEO in Ireland at the popular TBEX conference. Gemma has also been asked by Travel Massive Glasgow to present on the same topic and spoke with college students at Kelvin College in Glasgow about travel and blogging in general.
Although normally behind the camera, we do not mind being in front of the lens too. If you require an interview, expert advice, or full blown show we are happy to share our knowledge of travel. Previous appearances include Scotland national newspaper, the Daily Record, local based paper, The Dunfermline Press, STV2 and Montreal’s radio station, CJAD.
Show Us the Money!
Have you met our dog Bowie?! Our furry baby is four years old and like all dogs needs fed. We also, like you, have bills to pay so please do not contact us to offer us exposure – we work hard and deserve not to be insulted. We have a rates card, please do not hesitate to ask for it. Let’s work together and make travel happen for the thousands of travel lovers out there, together we can support them from armchair to airport. OK, I want to make travel happen, how can I contact you? Fabulous, speak soon…
SHARE WITH OTHERS