Table of Contents
- Fun Things to do in Florida
- Bucket List Miami
- Bucket List Fort Lauderdale
- Bucket List Orlando
- Bucket List Tampa Bay
- Bucket List Cocoa Beach
- Bucket List Jacksonville
- Bucket List Key West
- Bucket List Daytona Beach
- Bucket List Pensacola
- Bucket List St. Augustine
- Bucket List Boca Raton
- Bucket List West Palm Beach
- Bucket List Naples
- Bucket List Tallahassee
- Bucket List Destin
- Bucket List St. Petersburg
- Final Words
This article has links to products and services we love, which we may make commission from.
Ready for the Florida bucket list challenge? Vast coast, fun theme parks, everglade adventures, Florida has a lot on offer! Whether you are planning a weekend away, searching for sun, fancy a platter of seafood or a relaxing road trip, The Sunshine State could be the answer. Here are the best places to visit and things to do in Florida.
Fun Things to do in Florida
Bucket List Miami
- Visit the iconic Miami Beach.
- Explore Jungle Island, one of the most popular attractions in the city.
- Check out the Bayside Market – home to more than 150 speciality and tourist shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- Go to the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, which is famous for its unique architecture and artwork.
- Enjoy a Little Havana food tour.
- Sail through the Everglades National Park on this airboat tour.
- Catch a live event at The American Airlines Arena.
- Visit Miami at Christmas for winter sun and festive events.
Bucket List Fort Lauderdale
- Visit the Bonnet House – a historic house museum dedicated to the conservation of the area’s history and environment.
- Go to Las Olas Boulevard – the best place for shopping, dining, entertainment, nightlife, and things to do.
- Check out the contemporary and 20th-century art at NSU Art Museum.
- Love water skiing, surfing, or swimming? Go to Fort Lauderdale Beaches. The Clean Beaches Council of Washington DC has certified many of these beaches as Blue Wave Beaches.
- Get some fun in the sun at the picturesque Fort Lauderdale Beach Park.
- Indulge in fun and adventure at the famous Museum of Discovery and Science.
- See some exciting sights and experiences at the Everglades Holiday Park, which is famous for its thrilling airboat rides.
Bucket List Orlando
- Witness a rocket launch at the renowned Kennedy Space Center, which hosts two rocket launches every month.
- Have lunch with an astronaut like Craig from Two Scots Abroad did.
- Get high at iFly on International Drive.
- Drink cocktails on iDrive then try to work out if Ripley’s Believe It Or Not is real or not.
- Explore the whole world in a single day at Epcot.
- Get a taste of Hollywood experience at the Universal Orlando Resort. Dance to the Blues Brothers at Universal.
- Ride the train to Hogwarts at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Then drink Butterbeer!
- Love gliding? Go to Wallaby Ranch, a popular aerotowing flight facility.
- See the Disney fireworks over Cinderella’s Castle.
- Soak up the sun and sip a chilled drink on vacation
- → Hey veggies, check out this vegetarian food guide of Florida.
Bucket List Tampa Bay
- Take to the floor at the famous 260 First nightclub – a hotspot for dancing.
- Refresh yourself and have fun with 30 acres of water adventures and beachside relaxation at the Adventure Island Water Park.
- Visiting Tampa Bay with your family? Let your kids bounce and fly on the huge trampolines at the Airheads Trampoline Arena while you play some AirSports like dodgeball.
- If you are a beer lover, go to Big Storm Brewing Company to watch live beer making.
- Looking for a tranquil place to soak up the southern Florida sun? Clearwater Beach is the best place.
- Canoe along the adventurous Hillsborough River with Canoe Escape.
- Go snorkeling on Honeymoon Island – famous for its scenic beach and wildlife.
- Here’s more of winter sun destinations in the USA.
Bucket List Cocoa Beach
- Explore the night sky with one of the largest public telescopes in Florida at Astronaut Memorial Planetarium & Observatory.
- Enjoy seafood at the world-famous Cocoa Beach Pier.
- Broaden your knowledge of the history of East Coast surfing at the Florida Surf Museum.
- Do shopping, dine, and entertain yourself at the Historic Cocoa Village.
- See historic spacecraft and memorabilia at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
- Visit the Lori Wilson Park, which is famous for its boardwalk type trail that goes past a tropical maritime hammock.
Bucket List Jacksonville
- Check some of the best art collections at the Cummer Museum of Art.
- Head to Downtown Jacksonville’s North and South banks of the river to enjoy buzzing nightlife and dine at the eateries.
- Attend science and local history exhibitions at The Museum of Science and History.
- Sunbathe on Jacksonville Beach and Neptune Beach.
- Visit the Riverside Arts Market on Saturday, where local people showcase their artwork.
- Relax at Little Talbot Island State Park that is popular for its vast beaches, forests, pristine salt marshes, dunes, diverse wildlife, and exciting outdoor activities.
Bucket List Key West
- Relax at this warm winter destination while others layer up around the States.
- Encounter dolphins, kayak the backcountry, and dive and snorkel at Fort. Jefferson and the Dry Tortugas.
- Roam around and take photos with the lovely flowers and incredible trees at the historic West Martello Tower.
- Walk down Duval Street, listen to a local band and do some shopping.
- Visit the very busy Smathers Beach if you are a hustle and bustle person.
- For people seeking peace and silence, the beach at Fort Zachary Taylor is heaven.
- Learn about the local history at the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum and the Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum, where you will also see countless historical gems and jewels.
Key West features in our guide to most romantic spots in the USA.
Bucket List Daytona Beach
- Have fun in the sun on the 23 miles of white-sand beaches.
- Taste some of the Sunshine State’s best seafood at the famous Ocean Deck Restaurant & Beach Club.
- Visit the Museum of Arts & Sciences.
- Get a bird’s eye view of the beach from the 175ft tall Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse.
- Meet the fervent people behind Daytona’s unique brews and spirits at Daytona Beach Ale Trail.
- Explore Tomoka State Park and Bulow Creek State Park on a bicycle.
Bucket List Pensacola
- Join some great events like concerts and CrossFit competitions at Pensacola Beach.
- Go to the Palafox Market on Saturday to shop at the food and artifacts stalls by local artists, vendors, and farmers.
- Rent a canoe or kayak to explore the scenic regions like Big Lagoon State Park, Perdido River, Johnson Beach, Fort Pickens, and Blackwater River State Park.
- Meet dolphins and other wildlife in Pensacola Bay and camp by the beach.
- Love fishing? Take a charter boat and go on a fishing expedition just off Pensacola’s coast.
- Do you believe in the supernatural? Hunt for ghosts at the historic Pensacola Lighthouse if you are brave enough.
Bucket List St. Augustine
- Visit St George Street for shopping and dining and to explore boutiques and historical sites.
- Expand your knowledge of history at the Castillo de San Marcos National Monument.
- See the historical items from the Victorian period at The Lightner Museum.
- Explore the historical landmarks in the Old City.
- Spend some time with your kids at Anastasia State Park, known for its rich ecosystems and wildlife.
- Know the history of early Spanish St. Augustine at the Old Florida Museum.
- Enjoy St. Augustine Festival of Lights at Christmas.
St. Augustine made it on to our cheapest cities you’ll want to visit list. Read the guide here.
Bucket List Boca Raton
- Spend an hour or two at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center. The main attractions here include an elevated boardwalk and a butterfly garden.
- Want to delve into the past? Visit the Boca Raton Historical Society and Museum.
- Take a helicopter ride to get amazing views of the white beaches, oceans, and vibrancy of the city.
- Spend some peaceful hours with Mother Nature in Red Reef Park.
Bucket List West Palm Beach
- Have a love for arts? Go to the Norton Museum of Art to see local and international collections.
- Visit Downtown West Palm Beach for shopping and dining.
- See more than two thousand types of tropical plants originating from six continents at Mounts Botanical Garden.
- See historical sculptures at Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens.
- Attend exhibitions and interactive events at South Florida Science Center.
- Get the local, homemade produce like vegetables, fruits, meat, cheese, and baked foods at the West Palm Beach GreenMarket.
Bucket List Naples
- Take a stroll along the historic iconic Naples Pier and munch some scrumptious food at the nearby eateries.
- Go to the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary to see the wetlands, pine flatwoods, a marsh, and a wet prairie.
- Witness the world’s only Swamp Buggy Races.
- Go to the Revs Institute and see more than 100 of the most popular cars built between 1896 and 1995.
- Enjoy miles of stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico at Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park.
- Do shopping at the luxurious The Village on Venetian Bay.
- Explore the history of the region at the Collier County Museum.
Bucket List Tallahassee
- Enjoy outdoor and recreational amenities at Cascades Park.
- If you are brave enough, go to the haunted house called Terror of Tallahassee.
- Spend a day on St. George Island and enjoy the pristine, white-sand beaches.
- Explore and enjoy the nightlife at the nightclubs and bars in Tally.
Bucket List Destin
- Charter a yacht and spend a day at Crab Island in a luxurious atmosphere.
- Get epic views of the coastline from a helicopter.
- Head to Henderson State Beach Park for swimming or sunbathing.
- Go shopping or dining at The Village at Baytowne Wharf.
- Go fishing, Destin is the ‘world’s luckiest fishing village’ after all!
Bucket List St. Petersburg
- Enjoy recreational and outdoor activities in Boyd Hill Nature Preserve.
- See the fantastic work of artist Salvador Dali at the Dali museum.
- Catch tons of fish at Skyway Fishing Pier State Park.
- Reconnect to the broader environment at the Weedon Island Preserve.
- Enjoy crazy flavored beers at St. Pete Brewing Company.
Find the small beach towns on the East Coast too.
Pin to your Florida planning board
There are so many fun things to do in Florida in the water, on the water and by the water! Did I miss something amazing to do in Florida? Let me know in the comments.
» Read next | How to plan a trip to the USA
About the author Anne is a big fan of the USA with its vast landscapes, captivating culture, diverse culinary and thousands of activities.