The sun has got his hat on, hip hip hip hooray! Hello from sunny Spain. We’re in Marbella with Craig’s family who treated us to a villa week just outside of Marbella, it’s been great to sit by the pool and catch up on 14 months worth of chat! We’ve only seen Craig’s brother, Kyle, in this time (he visited us in Vancouver, Canada last October) so there has been a lot to talk about!
- Bosnia, Serbia and Romania
- 1. Stari Most, Mmm Mostar – Bosnia
- 2. Up shot! Avaz Tower, Sarajevo Bosnia
- 3. Tunnel of Hope, saved lives in Sarajevo
- 4. River Danube and Sava, Belgrade in Serbia
- 5. Sunset in Bucharest, Romania – read more here
- 6. Little Paris, Romanian Athenaeum
- Next Stop?
- Over to you – what’s your favourite picture? Have you been, would you like to go? Do you recognise?
Bosnia, Serbia and Romania
The fortnight before Marbs was spent in Bosnia, Serbia, and Romania. Facebook followers will know that there was no love for Belgrade, Serbia’s capital and I was surprised to be thanked by one avid reader for not thinking everywhere was ‘awesome’ – I want to be realistic, travelling is not always fun! Sometimes it rains (Bled), other times it’s too expensive (Cuba), and often it is tiring! However, we did think that Bosnia (Sarajevo and Mostar) was rich with history, culture, and nature with Bucharest in Romania being a total surprise hip, bustling city! Introducing Photo of the Fortnight – Eastern(ish) Europe style….
1. Stari Most, Mmm Mostar – Bosnia
2. Up shot! Avaz Tower, Sarajevo Bosnia
3. Tunnel of Hope, saved lives in Sarajevo
4. River Danube and Sava, Belgrade in Serbia
5. Sunset in Bucharest, Romania – read more here
6. Little Paris, Romanian Athenaeum
*It’s debated whether Bosnia and Serbia are classified as Eastern Europe, mapping is so conflicting, something I’ve learnt recently while travelling around Central, Eastern Europe and the Balkans. People often refer to these countries as Eastern Europe because of the Iron Curtain, although it is an interesting and horrifying part of their very recent history, these countries are so much more than that! Can’t wait to tell you more about it.
It’s easy to see why I’ve fallen in love with this part of our trip. 2017 plan is to head back to Romania and also see Croatia and Montenegro! Quick note, readers keep asking what camera I use, it’s a Nikon Coolpix and I don’t love it in all honesty. I edit with Lightroom and have had the pleasure of visiting stunning places, I think that’s the real reasons for these quality shots. Cell phone users don’t despair! Check out this post on mobile phone photography!
Spain for the next month, Marbella at present, Granada this week!
Never miss a post again by signing up to get fresh articles in your inbox every Tuesday and Thursday – click this image!
It’s now live!
- My new post on Sarajevo: Where to Stay and What To Do
- Mostar – that bridge exists! You can go to Mostar from Croatia too!
Over to you – what’s your favourite picture?
Have you been, would you like to go? Do you recognise?